Savvas Metaxas is a musician and sound artist who works in the fields of experimental music, field recordings, modular synthesis.
Counting more that 15 releases among vinyls, Cd’s and cassettes, his music has been released in multiple labels such as the Granny Records, Glistening Examples, LINE, Phinery, Superpang, Otomatik Muziek, Coherent States, Falt and has performed in numerous concerts hosted in experimental art spaces, museums, galleries and venues. His latest album, entitled "For How Read Now” has been released in 2022 from 'Flaming Pines'.
In 2008 he co-founded the Granny Records label, focusing in publishing works by contemporary electronic musicians, moving in the range of free improvisation, noise, electroacoustic composition and contemporary electronica. Along with the operation of the label, he co-organized and co-curated events in various spaces in Thessaloniki inviting numerous European and Greek artists. Since 2021 he is co-running Dasa Tapes.
His other works contain the creation and composition of sound for installations and site- specific performances as well as music for short movies and contemporary dance, to name a few:
- Sound design for the animation movie 'Tourist' by Dimitris Simou
- Music for the dance performance '«Who knows where
the time goes potential destination #1» by Eleonora Siarava
-'Deep Waters' . Sound design for a Video installation by Katerina Athanasopoulou at Primarola Festival (September 2020)
- ‘It Sings’ . Audio essay in collaboration with Eleni.Ikon at the Barbican, London.
- Sound design for the video Her Voice exhibited as part of the Audint’s new installation works Unsound:Undead, at the Arebyte Gallery in London.
-'Matter over Matter'. Sound installation at Goethe institut in Sofia and Thessaloniki.
- The Guest Project, October’s draft. Music for dance performance at Arceological Mueum of Thessaloniki.
- Sound composition and actor at the short movie “ Oi Agrioi” directed by Nikos Kostopoulos.
- “Out on the Inside”, sound installation at the garden of the 'Thessaloniki Concert Hall'.
Finally, he has also collaborated with the Onassis Cultural Center under the European Project Interfaces giving interactive workshops to technical high-schools in order to introduce them creatively in the experimental electronic music.